NEET Counselling 2023 : Overview: Dates, Registration, Document Requirements
NEET 2023 Counselling process will commence after the declaration of NEET results in online mode. The state-level counselling process for 85% of seats will be conducted separately by respective state authorities.MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BVSc & AH, and BSc Nursing admissions will be conducted online by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for NEET 2023. NTA will announce the counselling dates for NEET 2023 after the examination and result announcement. In addition, the state conducting authority will release the NEET state rank in 2023.
All those candidates who register for the first round for NEET counselling 2023 must provide their personal, academic, NEET-UG, contact, and other details. They must also pay the NEET 2023 counselling fee online. In addition, aspirants will need to select colleges for admission and courses during the MCC NEET counselling 2023. The step-wise process for the Mop-Up counselling is also explained further in the article.
NEET-UG seats will be allocated after the registration process, considering the NEET scores, choices filled out, seats available, and reservation criteria, among others. As a result, there will be approximately 20,000 seats under the 15% All India Quota (AIQ) in NEET counselling. The counselling will provide the route to fill the seats in all deemed/central universities, ESIC/AFMS colleges, AIIMS, and JIPMER colleges.
NEET UG Counselling 2023 Dates, Schedule
|NEET UG Counselling Registration 2023||to be announced|
|NEET 2023 UG Choice Locking and Filling||to be announced|
|Candidate Verification Process||to be announced|
|NEET UG Seat Allotment 2023 Process||to be announced|
|NEET UG Seat Allotment Counselling Result 2023||22/01/2023|
|Allotted College Reporting||23/01/2023 – 28/01/2023|
NEET Counselling 2023: Types
|Types of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (excluding Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% of State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities (BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi included)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% of State Quota seats and state private colleges (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir)||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in the ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
NEET Counselling 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates qualifying for NEET 2023 are eligible to apply for counselling.
- Candidates with a minimum of 50th percentile (40th percentile for SC/ ST/ OBC and 45th percentile for general-physically handicapped) in NEET will be considered qualified for the exam.
- Further, the ministry releases a list of qualified candidates under All India Quota excluding candidates from Jammu and Kashmir to take part in 15% AIQ Counselling.
- Candidates have to register themselves on the MCC website to become eligible for the counselling process.
NEET counselling 2023: Central University Eligibility Criteria
- Delhi University (LHMC, UCMC, MAMC): 85 per cent of institutional quota seats will be reserved for those students, who have completed their 11th and 12th grades in Delhi. Meanwhile, 15 per cent of seats will be reserved for the All-India Quota (AIQ) in NEET counselling 2023.
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU): 50% of aspirants, who have studied in their schools for the last three years, will be able to get into this university. Moreover, the rest 50% of students will be NEET qualified candidates.
- BHU: The NEET counselling 2023 qualified students will also be eligible to take part in the process of NEET counselling at BHU MBBS for the year 2023.
- Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: Three seats of BDS will be reserved through the internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi. On the other hand, 47 seats will be occupied for all. The students of Jamia University will also be eligible to apply for the internal quota.
NEET Counselling 2023: Documents Required
The following documents will be required during the NEET Counselling. Candidates must carry original documents along with attested photocopies to the counselling process:
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Result/Rank Letter
- Class X Certificate and Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate and Marksheet
- 8 passport-sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
- NEET Seat Allotment letter
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/ Driving License)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
NEET 2023 Counselling Process
MCC will conduct NEET-UG 2023 counselling for AIQ in four rounds, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the remaining seats will be filled in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round by the MCC. Steps to be taken include:
Step 1: Complete the MCC NEET registration process, including payment.
Step 2: NEET 2023 counselling choice filling and locking
Step 3: Round 1 seat allotment and result announcement
Step 4: Reporting to the allotted Medical/Dental College (option for free entry/exit)
Step 5: Round 2 net vacant seatts are published.
Step 6: NEET counselling round 2 registration (not necessary for already registered candidates) and fresh choice filling for NEET counselling round 2
Step 7: Round 2 of seat allocation (exit with forfeiture of security amount option available)
Step 8: Reporting to medical/dental colleges/institutions in preparation for round 2 (candidates once joined the allotted seat are not allowed to vacate the seat).
NEET Counselling 2023: For 15% All India Quota
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India holds the Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- All deemed, central, state universities will participate in online counselling.
- Seats of ESIC and AFMC, BHU & AMU will also be filled in this counselling.
- Candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and seats left vacant after 2 rounds of Counselling will be adjusted in mop-up round.
- Those candidates who take part in All India Counselling can also participate in State Counselling of their respective states.
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota Seats
- Respective state authorities will be conducting NEET counselling 2023 at the state level.
- This body is unique and different for each state. Hence, procedures along with the dates also differ a little for NEET counselling when it comes to state-level conducting bodies.
- In 85% State Quota, all the seats including private colleges will be available for students.
- Candidates are required to register on the websites of the concerned state counselling authorities.
- Counselling is conducted based on the ranks in the state merit list issued for any particular state.
- For colleges in J&k, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh, 100% seats are available for the residents of these states.
NEET UG Counselling Fees 2023
|Category||Fees Amount for Registration||Admission Confirmation (Refundable)||Admission Confirmation Private University or College (Refundable)|
|General||Rs 1000/-||Rs 10,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|SC||Rs 500/-||Rs 5,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|ST||Rs 500/-||Rs 5,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|OBC||Rs 500/-||Rs 5,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|EWS||Rs 500/-||Rs 5,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|PwD||Rs 500/-||Rs 5,000/-||Rs 2,00,000/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many rounds are there in NEET Counselling 2023?
Ans: 4 rounds
2. Are Counselling fees refundable?
Ans: This fee will be refunded to the institution where the candidate has taken admission and will be adjusted against the first year annual fee. This fee will be refunded only after the counselling is completed.
3. How is MBBS Counselling done?
Ans: The counselling of Karnataka MBBS 2023 is being conducted on the basis of the NEET Score. There are a total of 9,345 MBBS and 3,445 BDS seats in the state. The Karnataka NEET 2023 counselling will be conducted in an online mode at kea.kar.nic.in.
4. When would the students need to furnish the documents?
Ans: The documents necessary for the counselling process come in handy when the students report to the allocated college. However, the student doesn’t need them during the registration process.