JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced 2023 eligibility criteria have been released on the official website. Candidates must meet the conditions and requirements of eligibility criteria to appear for the JEE Advanced 2023. The authorities have informed that candidates who apply for JEE Advanced 2021/2022 but did not appear for the exam are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced is a national-level entrance exam through which students get admission into courses like B.Tech., B.Arch., B.Plan & B.E in various NITs, IITs, and CFTIs. JEE Advanced 2023 application forms will be released online on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2023 Exam
All candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2023 before filling out the application form to know if they are eligible for admission or not. The JEE Advanced eligibility related to age, number of attempts, qualifying exam marks and more has to be met by the candidates.
Candidates need to refer to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023. The candidates’ eligibility for the test will be on the basis of five parameters set by the authorities:
- Candidates’ performance in JEE Main 2023.
- Age Limit.
- A number of attempts.
- Appearance in 12th (or equivalent) Examination.
- Earlier admission at IITs.
Criterion 1: Performance
Candidates should be among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates (including all categories) in B.E./B.Tech. Paper of JEE (Main) 2023. The percentages of various categories of candidates to be shortlisted are: 10% for GEN-EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, and the remaining 40.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these five categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates
Category-wise distribution of top 2,50,000* candidates
|Order||Category||Number of “Top” candidates|
*Total number of candidates can go above 2,50,000 with “tied” ranks/scores in any category.
Criterion 2: Age limit
- Candidates born on or after October 1, 1997, fulfill the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023 and become eligible for the exam.
- However, candidates who fall under categories such as SC, ST, and PwD are provided with five years of relaxation. Thus, candidates belonging to these categories should be born on or after October 1, 1992.
Criterion 3: JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria- Number of Attempts
The maximum number of attempts that the candidates can attempt JEE Advanced is two times in two consecutive years. IITB has informed that applicants who filled the JEE Advanced 2023/2022 application form but did not appear for the exam can also appear for the JEE Advanced 2023.
Candidates’ appearance in 12th (or equivalent) Examination
- Candidates, who have appeared for the Class 12th examination in the year 2022 or 2023 can sit for JEE Advanced 2023 Examination.
- The candidates belonging to the academic year 2018-19 are also eligible.
- However, this is applicable for candidates who had their 12th board results announced after June 2020.
- They must have cleared class XII with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
Criterion 4: Earlier admissions at IIT
- The candidates who have already got admission to an IIT/ISM will not be allowed for JEE Advanced 2023, irrespective of whether he/she continued in the program or not.
- Also, in case they have accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting center in the past, they will not be permitted to take JEE Advanced 2023.
- The candidates whose seats got canceled post joining at any of the IITs due to some reasons are not qualified under JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2021 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2023.
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Candidates
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalized) and/or are OCI/PIO card holders will be treated as foreign nationals.
Foreign national candidates who have studied or are studying ABROAD at 10+2 level or equivalent at the time of registration for JEE (Advanced) 2023, are not required to write JEE (Main) 2023 and may register for JEE (Advanced) 2023 directly subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria mentioned below.
All foreign national candidates will be considered in addition to, and not as a part of the 2,50,000 Indian national candidates who qualify for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2023.
- Foreign nationals are not provided with any reservation under any category as directed by the GOI.
- Foreign nationals should have completed their 10+2 level education at the time of applying for the JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
- Foreign nationals studying in India and having completed their class 12th boards with the required percentage will appear for the JEE Advanced exam under the OPEN category.
- Foreign nationals must provide identity proof of both their parents.
- Foreign candidates get a total of 10 percent of the total seats in the JEE Advanced course.
- Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1997.
- In some countries, a minimum stint in the armed forces is required before/after Class 12. Eventually, in that case, students get relaxation for the required number of years.
- Candidates, in such a case, will have to upload the required testimonial or certificate. Also, they should do so by competent authority to this effect at the time of registration.
Number of Attempts
- Candidates can attempt JEE Advanced, a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination
Candidates must PASS the class XII (or equivalent) examination in the following subjects:
- A language
- Any subject other than the above four
Documents required for registration
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Class XII passing certificate
- Identity proof
- Citizenship certificate/Foreign Passport/OCI/PIO Card where applicable
- Testimonials where applicable
Criterion 5 – Earlier Admissions at IIT
- If a candidate got selected to any of the IITs, they cannot take JEE Advanced 2023 irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program. Also, if they have accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting center in the past.
- Next, candidates whose admission at IITs was canceled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2023.
Candidates are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2023 if they have paid the acceptance fee in 2021 in the following conditions:
- Did not report at the reporting center OR
- Withdrew before the last round of seat allotment OR
- Had their seat canceled before the last round of seat allotment for IITs.
However, in any of the above cases, students must satisfy the following three criteria too.
- Birth Certificate for Age Proof.
- Citizenship Certificate/ Passport.
- Identity Proof.
- Class 12 mark sheet or any equivalent.
- Testimonial, if required.
Foreign Centres for JEE Advanced 2023
- Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Dubai (UAE)
- Kathmandu (Nepal)
Frequently asked questions
1. What is the eligibility for JEE Advanced 2023?
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria – Aggregate Marks of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PwD) 12th standard (or equivalent) Board examination aggregate marks secured in 2023 will be considered for those candidates who pass the 12th standard in 2023.
2. Is 75% of the criteria removed from JEE Advanced 2023?
Recently the National Testing Agency released a notification about JEE Main 2023 on their official website. As per the latest notification, the NTA has removed 75% marks criteria from the minimum eligibility percentage norms.
3. Can I give JEE Advanced without JEE Mains 2023?
Students who had been eligible to appear for JEE Advanced, the IIT entrance exam, in the pandemic years of 2020 and/or 2021 and could not appear for them would now be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2023 without the need to appear for JEE Main 2023.
4. Who can give the JEE exam in 2023?
Candidates should have passed class 12th or any other equivalent qualifying examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2023. There is no age limit. The candidates should have qualified in 5 subjects: Language.
5. Can droppers give JEE Advanced 2023?
Yes, you can attend JEE Advanced after a double drop but before that, you have to clear JEE Mains.