The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the sole entrance test for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in India. The exam is conducted once a year in offline mode for a duration of three hours and 20 minutes. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the medical entrance exam for admission to MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing, AYUSH, Veterinary, and other medical/paramedical courses in India. Over 15 lakh candidates appear for the NEET UG exam every year. The exam is conducted in 13 languages.
There are certain changes in NEET 2023 which are listed below:
- The duration of NEET has been increased by 20 minutes. Instead of three hours, the exam will now be conducted for three hours and 20 minutes.
- The application fee across candidate categories has been increased by INR 100.
- The registration process will not be conducted over two phases.
- The tie-breaking formula has been revised and six other factors have been added to the existing three factors
- The number of exam cities has increased to 543 in India and 14 abroad
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What things are not allowed in NEET?
Ans: NEET Rules And Regulations 2023: Items Barred in Exam Hall Communication devices like Mobile Phones, Bluetooth, Earphones, microphones, pagers, Health bands etc. Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, belts, Cap, etc. Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc. Do not carry any metallic items.
2. Will there be 200 questions in NEET?
Ans: NEET Exam Pattern 2023: Overview. 13 languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. As per the official NEET exam pattern, there will be 200 questions in the question paper, and out of the total, aspirants will only need to answer 180.
3. What are the rules for NEET exam?
Ans: NEET Marking Scheme & Exam Pattern
|NEET 2023 Highlights|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs out of which 180 MCQs must be answered|
|Total marks||720 marks|
|Exam Mode||The offline mode only (pen and paper-based mode)|
|Type of questions||Objective-type questions with 4 options having 1 correct option|
4. WHAT IS NEET EXAM ?
Ans: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study graduate and postgraduate medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in government or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India.
5. Can I wear jeans for NEET?
Ans: Jeans with big pockets and fashionable will generally not be allowed for females as per the NTA NEET dress code. So, female aspirants, are advised to avoid wearing jeans on NEET 2023 exam day. It is best to avoid high heels and thick sole shoes and instead opt for sandals or slippers. Low heel footwear is also allowed.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
1. NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Ans: The following table summarizes the key aspects of the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria:
|Qualification Requirements||Passed Class 10+2 in PCB and English from a recognized board.|
|NEET Age Limit||
|NEET Eligibility Marks in 12th||
|NEET Attempt Limit||No restrictions on the number of attempts|
2. Is 12th Mark NEET 2023 important?
Ans: Must have a 10+2 or equivalent diploma from a recognized board, with Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, and English as core courses. 2. Aspirers with a Class 12 or equivalent are also eligible to apply for NEET. applicants must be 17 years old as of December 31, 2023
3. Do I have to fill in the Aadhaar number in the NEET 2023 application form?
Ans: In the online application form, a field has been added to fill in the Aadhaar number. It is not mandatory however candidates must fill it out to avoid future discrepancies.
4. I have a gap year between Class 11 and Class 12. Am I eligible to appear for NEET 2023?
Ans: Yes, if a candidate has a gap between Class 11 and Class 12, he/she is eligible for NEET-UG 2023. An amendment of the Medical Council of India (MCI) specified that a student must undergo continuous two years of study to become eligible to take NEET. However, this amendment was revoked by Delhi High Court and now candidates with a year gap can appear for NEET 2023
5. Is a candidate who has completed Class 11 and Class 12 from an open school eligible to apply for NEET 2023?
Ans: Yes. Previously, the candidates who have passed Class 12 from open school, private candidates, or aspirants who have Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject in Class 12 were excluded from NEET. However, the petition was filed in the High Court on October 24, 2021, regarding this matter.
NEET 2023 Application Form
1. Is Neet Application Form 2023 released?
Ans: NEET application form 2023 release date: NTA released the NEET 2023 application form in November 2022 and also the information brochure.
2. What is the last date of NEET Form 2023?
Ans: . Aspirants can complete the application process by following the below-mentioned steps and paying the NEET 2023 application form fee at neet.nta.nic.in. The dates of the correction window for NEET-UG 2023 are likely to be announced soon
3. Where can I fill my NEET 2023?
Ans: NEET 2023 Application Form: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the NEET 2023 application process at neet.nta.nic.in for the students who have been willing for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and other undergraduates (UG) medical courses.
4. Can I withdraw my NEET application form? Will I get a refund for it?
Ans: No. Once the application form is submitted, it could not be withdrawn or canceled. Also, the application fee for NEET 2023 is non-refundable.
5. At the time of clicking the ‘Submit’ button after filling out the application form, my session is shown as expired. Do I need to fill out a fresh form?
Ans: The session expires after 30 minutes, thus candidates should fill out the application form within the duration. To save time, candidates should keep all the required documents handy before filling out the NEET 2023 application form. Candidates can also save each part of their application form as a draft before beginning a new one. This way, none of the information will be lost even if the session expires.
NEET 2023 Admit card
1. Is neet admit card 2023 released?
NEET Admit Card 2023 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2023 admit card at neet.nta.nic.in soon.
NEET 2023 Admit Card Date
|NEET 2023 registration process||November 2022|
|The correction window opened on||January 2023|
|Correction window operational till||to be announced soon|
|NEET 2023 admit card date||15 days prior to the examination|
2. How to download NEET UG 2023 Admit Card?
Ans: The medical students who are about to attempt the NEET 2023 test must have their admit card to take the exam.
- Go to the official website of NTA-NEET
- Click on “Download NEET admit card 2023”
- Enter your Application number, Date of Birth, Security PIN
- Click on the “Submit” button
- Check all of the information mentioned on the admit card; if everything is correct, download the PDF
- Make a copy for yourself
3. Details Mentioned on the NEET UG Admit Card 2023
Ans: The following information may be seen on the NEET admission card:
- Name of the student
- NEET 2023 roll number
- NEET registration number
- NEET Exam dates (Date and time of the examination)
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Category/ Sub-category
- Student’s Address
- Medium (Language) of the examination
- Number and address of the exam center
- Candidate signature
- Exam day instructions and guidelines
4. NEET Documents are required at the examination center
Ans: Documents required at the examination center with Admit card are
- Photograph in passport size (same as on the application form)
- Valid identification [PAN card/Driving licence/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/Ration card or other government document]
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- NEET admission card proforma with a postcard-sized picture placed on it
- How can I obtain a duplicate if I misplace my NEET 2023 admission card?
Ans: Applicants can get their admit cards through the NTA’s official website. The admission card can be downloaded as many times before the test; however, applicants should keep a soft copy for future reference. In addition, NTA will transmit a copy of the admission card to your registered e-mail address, which you may then download.
1. What is the NEET 2023 Pattern
Ans: NEET Exam Pattern 2023: Highlights
the details of the NEET 2023 exam pattern in the table below.
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Medium/ Language||English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, Punjabi, Malayalam and Urdu|
|Duration of the examination||Three hours and Twenty Minutes|
|Frequency of exam in a year||Once a year|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||200 (180 applicable questions for attempt)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer| -1 for an incorrect answer|
|Total sections in the question paper||3|
|Name of the section and number of questions asked from it||Physics||35 + 15|
|Chemistry||35 + 15|
|Biology||35 + 15
2. NEET 2023 Distribution of Marks
- Each correct answer will be awarded four marks
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- No mark will be deducted for the questions which have not been answered
- Questions that have two or more responses marked on the OMR sheet will be considered as incorrect and one mark will be deducted for them
3. Section-wise Question Distribution
|Subjects||Section||No. of questions||Marks|
4. Is negative marking in NEET?
Ans: NEET is a negative marking test. For every incorrect response, 1 mark is deducted. If a question is left unattempted, no marks are deducted.
5. Is NEET pattern changing in 2023?
Ans: As per the new NEET 2023 exam pattern, each of the three subjects — Physics, Chemistry and Biology — will have two sections – A and B. While Section A will be mandatory and will consist of 35 questions, Section B will have 15 questions, out of which students will have to answer only 10.