JEE Main 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The NTA JEE Main website – jeemain.nta.nic.in – will host the JEE Main 2023 registration process for the year 2023. The dates for JEE Main 2023 June session have been announced. There are certain conditions and requirements that every JEE Mains aspirant has to fulfill in order to get admission into colleges accepting JEE Main scores. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the JEE Main 2023 application form.
JEE Main 2023- Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main 2023)|
|Category||All India Level Competitive Exam|
|Purpose||Used to get admission to premier engineering Institutions like NIT, IIT|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2023
The authorities have released the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2023 on the official website. The NTA JEE Main 2023 eligibility criteria include the list of conditions and requirements that students must meet to be eligible for the admission process. Details regarding the class 12th percentage required for JEE Mains 2023 are also available in JEE Main eligibility criteria.
|Qualifying exam||Candidates should have passed class 12th or any other equivalent qualifying examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2023.|
|Age limit||There is no age limit.|
|Subjects studied in class 12th
Year of passing
Total number of JEE main attempts
|The candidates should have qualified in 5 subjects:
Language, Mathematics, Physics,
Chemistry/Biology, Any other subject
Candidates who have qualified for the 12th examination or equivalent in 2020, or 2021 are only eligible to apply for the examination.
3 consecutive years
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- Age Limit: there is no age limit to apply for JEE main 2023
- Adhaar card: Adhaar card is not required to apply for this exam
JEE Main 2023- Exam Pattern
The authorities have released the exam pattern of JEE Main 2023 to allow candidates to understand the pattern of the paper in advance. The JEE Main exam pattern includes details like the mode of exam, duration, the total number of questions to be asked, type of question, and much more. This year, NTA has introduced negative marking for the B section also.
- The examination is conducted through online CBT mode. The drawing test for Jee Main Paper II (B.Arch) will be held offline mode.
- JEE Main contains questions from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics subjects
- Multiple Choice questions and numeric type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Each correct question will carry 4 marks.
- There is a 1-mark negative marking for every incorrect response.
|Papers||JEE Main 2023 will be of two papers: Paper I for B.E/B.Tech and Paper II for B. Arch & B. Plan.|
|Exam Mode||NTA shall conduct the JEE Main exam in an online computer-based test.|
|Time allotted||Candidates will get three hours allotted to complete their paper. One hour will be added to the time allotted to PWD candidates.|
|Types of Questions||The exam will consist of objective-type questions. However, the nature of the drawing paper will be subjective.|
|Language of Question Paper||Students can take the JEE Main paper in a variety of languages. Hindi, English, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Punjabi, Urdu, and Telugu are among the languages you have an option.|
|Total Questions||Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will have 90 questions, Paper IIA (B. Arch) will have 82 questions, and Paper IIB will have 105 questions (B. Plan).|
|Paper Pattern||Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will be of 300 marks, whereas Paper IIA (B. Arch) and Paper IIB (B. Plan) will be for 400 marks altogether.|
|No. of Applications||One candidate should only apply for a single application|
JEE Main Admit Card 2023
Candidates who will successfully complete the JEE application process will be able to download the admit card of JEE Main 2023 from the official website. The step-by-step procedure to download the JEE Main 2023 admit card is mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2023 – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the admit card link available on the web page.
- Login using the application number and date of birth.
- Click on the login button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of it.
JEE Main 2023- Eligibility Criteria for Droppers/ Repeaters
- There is no age limit.
- He/She must have passed their class 12 exam in 2021 or 2023. Three consecutive attempts are allowed for JEE Main 2023 examination.
- Students should have secured a minimum JEE Main 2023 qualifying score.
- Candidates should have taken at least 5 subjects for the class 12 or qualifying exam (Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics mandatory).
JEE Main 2023: Subject Combinations for Admissions
Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam to get admission through JEE Main 2023 into NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs.
- B.Tech/B.E: Physics, and Maths as mandatory subjects along with one of the subjects such as Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- B.Planning: He/She must have passed the qualifying exam with Maths subject.
1. What are the qualifying marks for JEE Main 2023?
For general category candidates – minimum 75% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST/PWD candidates – 65% marks in aggregate.
2. How many attempts are there in JEE Main 2023?
NTA will conduct JEE Mains 2023 in two sessions – June and July. Students will be able to appear in the exam two times a year. Also, students can appear in JEE Main for three consecutive years from the year of passing their class 12 exam.
3. How to download the JEE Main admit card?
To download the admit card of JEE Main 2023, students will have to visit the official website and log in to the hall ticket portal using the application number and date of birth.
4. What is the JEE Main 2023 application form release date?
NTA has started the JEE Main 2023 registration in the 1st week of March 2023.
5. If I appear for improvement in five subjects, which scores will be considered for JEE Main 2023?
The better of the two scores will be considered by the authorities.